Today Z Corporation announced a powerful 3D scanning software upgrade that makes using our ZScanner® handheld 3D laser scanners even faster and easier than ever.
What does the new ZScan® 5.0 release (available October 20) mean for you? In a nutshell:
• Scan any size at any resolution within the scanner’s range; no more restraining bonding box
• Merge scans in a single accurate and optimized mesh without any post-treatment
• See your entire 3D surface in real time
• Fill holes, filter boundaries, decimate your model and much more!
Scan any part at any resolution, within the scanners’ range, without any limitations due to part size.
In a word: no more scanning volume. As you can see in the image below, the only parameter that you need to choose is the resolution of your scan. Once you select your resolution, you're ready to scan.
For you scanning volume junkies, this option is still available through the Use Manual Reconstruction Volume checkbox. This option also enables clipping planes.A user or multiple users can merge scans and reconstruct surfaces using different session files.
This interface is used to merge different scans which have been scanned in the same reference model. This is particularly useful when multiple scanners are used for the same scan or when individual session files are too large for the computer on which the scan is located.It is important to note that the merge of the scans is made on the raw data, so it's not merely stitching STL files. There is no boundary between the different scans and you still benefit from the powerful surface reconstruction algorithms from ZScan® 5.0.
Automatic hole filling.
Filling holes is controlled with a slider in the facets node, just like the decimate triangles or remove isolated patches slider. This tool focuses on smaller holes that can be filled easily and automatically, and does not offer an interactive mode. It eliminates the time-consuming job of cleaning STL files.
Automatic hole filling also accounts for the texture of the scanned object (with the ZScanner® 700 CX) which was scanned but not projected onto the surface. It does not interpolate the texture. Rather, it applies the object’s texture onto the filled hole. The other holes will appear grey, similar to when you scan without the texture of the ZScanner® 700 CX.
• EXPERIENCE tools that are changing the way companies design, engineer and manufacture – faster, better, greener, more customized.
• INTERACT with Geomagic developers, expert users and your peers who are breaking down barriers to productivity, innovation and customer satisfaction.
• IMMERSE yourself in the new features of Geomagic Studio 12 and Geomagic Qualify 12 with exclusive training sessions and live demos.
• TAKE AWAY information, contacts and knowledge that will help deliver you to points beyond your competitors.